Virginia explicitly gives its notaries the ability to notarize documents from people outside of Virginia. In addition, the Full Faith and Credit Clause of the US Constitution requires each state to respect the public acts, records, and judicial proceedings of every other state. Please be advised that the audio-video conference will be recorded in compliance with Virginia law VOC § 47.1-2. The electronic record of an electronic notarial act must be maintained for a period of at least five years from the date the notarial act was performed.
What to Expect
- Depending on your requested appointment, you will receive a text/email message with a link to validate your identity. Please have your ID/Passport out, the 1st step will be to take a picture of your ID/Passport and then a Selfie. Once completed you will receive a Thanks, you’ve been Vouched message.
- You will receive an email with the Zoom, WebEx, or Remote Notarez video conference link.
- We may call or email if we have questions about your document(s).
During Your Appointment
- For your convenience, you can use a cell phone. It is advised that you join using a computer or tablet so you can view the document easier.
- At the beginning of your appointment, you will be asked to hold up your ID/Passport to the camera.
- After that, your notary will share her screen. All attending will be able to see the document, and the notary will go over the document to ensure it is ready to be signed.
- Signers will be asked if they understand what they are signing. If necessary, signers will be sworn/affirmed in.
- If using a computer/tablet, you will be allowed to control the screen.
- Click on the fields you need to fill in and the signature box.
- When clicking on the Signature box, you will be presented with 6 e-signatures to pick from, or you can click on Draw to use your mouse or finger (if you have a touchscreen).
- Once you have e-signed the document, you will confirm and accept the e-signed document.
- If the notary has time, you can request to stay on to watch her/him remote online notarize your document.
After Your Session
- If you did not pay during your session, your notary will send you an invoice.
- After you have paid, your document will be emailed back to you within 6 hours. Typically, documents are emailed within an hour after the session.
- If you have not received your document within 6 hours and have paid, please call or email us.
- NOTE all video conferences are recorded and keep for 7 years per R.O.N. standards.
- All E-Signed and Remote Online Documents are deleted from our servers after 72 hours of service.
Remote Notarez - Hampton Roads Notary Public LLC is not a law firm. The notaries providing services will not and cannot provide legal advice, opinion, or recommendations. We cannot give you advice on your document legality or whether your document should be signed, whether you can electronically sign your document, or whether your electronically signed and remote online notarized document(s) will be valid or accepted by your intended recipient. If you have any questions about the validity or acceptance of your document, you will need to check with the recipient first. We recommend all to seek legal advice for any questions about your documents or the transactions they relate to.